Sunday, March 8, 2009

i-Moron

So I wanted to get some more upbeat music on my ipod for the race today. I got everything set up last night. While I have been running on Saturdays, I had noticed that my playlist was not set up to repeat. I remembered that last night, so I went in to change the settings. I went to "repeat" and out to the side it said "one". Well, I thought that meant repeat the list once. In case you are wondering, it means repeat ONE song. I thought a nice easy song to start out to would be "Simply the Best" by Tina Turner. When I was about half-way through the first mile, I started thinking, Wow...this is a long song! So I kept waiting for it to go off and it did...and started again! So, instead of stopping to fix it I just listened to the one song for the entire 3.1 miles! Even though it was very encouraging, I wonder how fast I would have been if my "one" song had been "Move Bitch"???!!!! I am glad it happened today instead of 1/2 marathon day!

On a side note, does anyone know anyone who works with a hotel chain that could possibly help me get a room on West End the night before the race??? I am not liking the idea of getting up at 4 to get a shuttle at 6 to wait for my start time sometime after 8!

No comments: