Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sarah



We found out last night that Darrell's step-sister Sarah was found dead at her apartment in Austin, TX. She was 23. Some of you know that she has struggled with different problems. It appears as though she drank herself to death. Please keep us and Darrell's mom, step-dad and Sarah's older sister Kristin in your thoughts and prayers. Within the last 3 years, Darrell's step-dad has lost his mom, dad, and now one of his daughters.

The picture above was from the Christmas card that Sarah sent us. We got to see her at Christmas also. She called me just a few weeks ago to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. Lily June and JT talked to her also. I had known her since she was 6 years old. This picture is the best I have ever seen her look. I am very sad for our loss and also very sad that Sarah will never know how much she was loved.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Julie, my thoughts are with you guys. So sorry for your loss!

Julie said...

Thank you Kelly! We are shocked, but not surprised. It is so sad!

Amy said...

Oh no! I am SO sorry Julie!

Nicole said...

Julie, I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers.
That is really so sad.
Nicole

Melanie said...

Julie, our thoughts and prayers are with you, Darrell, and all of his family. Let us know if you need anything. Melanie (and crew)