Friday, January 16, 2009

Targetpalooza '09: Round 1

Thanks to a text from The Real Housewife of Rutherford County yesterday, I was inspired to begin the Targetpalooza this morning. I absolutely L.O.V.E. this time of year at Target. A little red Target clearance sticker is my drug of choice, and let me tell you, I am gettin' high! I love and hate the fact that each store has different clearance items, or they are on a different markdown schedule. I went to 3 Target stores this morning, none of which was the closest to my house. The little red worker bees were working hard and slashing prices. All three of the stores were still in the process of marking things down, so I will be checking back to see how low I can go! I did get LJ the Fisher Price Bounce and Spin Pony for $16.24. I also got 2 Henkel's knives for $10.00. I am holding out for the Rose Petal Cottage, which is stil $42. And although we don't need it, I want so badly to buy the Fur Real Pony, S'mores. It is on clearance right now for $99.99. I am not going to buy it, but I will be interested in seeing how low it goes.

While we are on the subject, I got some great gift closet clearance toys at Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago. I think $2.00 for a $20.00 item is a fair price!

Stay tuned for Round 2, because oh yeah, there WILL be one!!

1 comment:

Mrs Furious said...

Shit. Seriously?
Someone did just send me a Target gift card. And I should be getting my 10% off coupon in the mail this week.