Sunday, September 21, 2008

Heart to Heart

Well, it finally happened. Yesterday morning we all got up and headed to Super Target. Darrell thought we would have a fun breakfast of hot dogs and popcorn. I have done it many times before, it is usually not Darrell's idea though. I was skeptical, just because I know how this Target operates and I knew in my heart that there would be no hotdogs or popcorn, even though the store opens at 8:00. We got there at about 8:45 and headed straight to the snack bar. There was no popcorn. There were no hot dogs. Darrell said now he just wanted a drink. They had cinnamon rolls that they said they "had just put out". I orderd 2 cinnamon rolls, 2 large drinks and a water (LJ had already eaten breakfast, BTW). She put the cinnamon rolls in the microwave, which I thought was odd since they had been "just put out." I paid and went to get our drinks while Darrell got the kids and cinnamon rolls situated. I of course went to get diet coke and it came out clear. So, I went to ask if they were out. They.were.out.of.diet.coke. Yes, I know they have diet pepsi as well, and Darrell isn't as picky when it comes to that, so he drank it. I.did.not. When Darrell tried to give LJ some cinnamon roll, she spit it out because it was ice cold. He took them back to be warmed some more. Still.cold. I sat there and said I think I am going to go ask for my money back and Darrell said do it. Right then, the food counter manager walked out and I just looked at her and said "can I get my money back?" She was super nice and said absolutely and I just began to tell her my frustrations, in a nice way of course. She gave me my money back, gave the kids each a chocolate chip cookie and fruit snacks and even went and got me a diet coke from the cooler. Her name is Brenda and she is really nice. She asked if I had other bad experiences there, so I told her about those as well. I told her that none of this would stop me from coming back, but it was all just very frustrating. I told her that I don't blame her, that I thought it was more of an upper management problem. Whomever her boss is needs to step up. They rarely have more than one person working back there and it is just too much for one person to handle. Anyway, that is my 2 cents. Keep trying Brenda!

2 comments:

Amy said...

there is NEVER any popcorn when I am there! it doesn't matter when...and when i ask for some, they look at me like i am stupid. and i have NOTHING against gay people, but if the gay black guy does not quit looking at me like i am a flippin' idiot when i try to order some popcorn, i'm gonna knock his gay ass out.

Julie said...

I haven't seen him Amy! lol They won't have any popcorn for a while either....quality issue...per Brenda...she said she would get in trouble for telling me that!