Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Is it Tuesday already?

We went to SC for the weekend for the Clemson football game. I am pretty sure there really was a game and Clemson won, but I never did see it. I was too busy socializing and drinking beer and firefly! I had so much fun and I love it when I get to hang out with Mary and Jason and the football crowd! My parents stayed at home with the kids, so it was a nice break for us. Unfortunately Darrell had started feeling badly on Friday and only continued to get worse throughout the weekend. He sacked up on Sat. though and had a good time tailgating.

We left pretty early on Sunday and we were making great time until we got about 40 miles past Chattanooga. We had a flat tire, but I called our insurance and got a number for roadside service and I don't think from the time it happened until we were back on the road again was 30 minutes. Maybe not even 20. Monteagle Tire and Truck repair is really great! They were super fast and extremely nice. Only charged us $50 and we will get reimbursed by our insurance.

Darrell was home sick from work yesterday. He went to the clinic at Walgreen's. His major problem is a sore throat. He has not been able to talk for three days. He doesn't have strep and he doesn't have a cold. It is just a viral infection, but he is miserable, and I can understand why. I HATE having sore throat more than ANYTHING! If I catch this crud I am going to be very upset! He went to work today, but should be home soon because he didn't sleep again last night. I hate a sick man, but he is really handling it very well, and so am I!

Well, I guess that is about it. I have one picture from the "game", but I can't get it to load right now. I will post it later!

2 comments:

BacktoBarnwell said...

I didn't know they had clinics at Walgreens...I am so ready for this election to take place too. I get sooo sick of hearing the bashing and not the issues or a solution to the problems. Although an Obama supporter, I don't have a problem with McCain or Palin. I do have a problem, a big problem, with the talk about her daughter. Why do I care about her daughter? Most American families have had some "troubles" like this, but the ones who overcome them soon find that the "mistake" was/is a blessing. And how did you ever leave Charleston???

Julie said...

Yeah, the clinics rock. Especially if you are sick on the weekend. They are open 7 days. These next 2 months are going to be very annoying with election crap. I agree with you. Honestly, her daughter's personal life (kinda like hers) is really none of my business. Too much time focused on too much shit! I wish I never had to leave Charleston. I graduated, moved back to the upstate for the summer, got married in the fall and then moved to Hawaii with my husband who was then in the Navy. We visit whenever we have a chance. We were there this summer for a wonderful wedding...you'll have to see my post about the quarter! How's it going in Barnwell?