Wednesday, September 10, 2008

WOW Wednesday

What a busy day! I went to the Y, ran some errands, met a friend and her kids for lunch, went to Target, picked JT up from school and then went to the park with friends. Then, (if you know me, you should probably stop reading now) I had to be at church by 4:00. Yes, I said church. We have been going (three unconsecutive times) to the presbyterian church. They have a program on Wednesdays during the school year called LOGOS for kindergartners through 8th grade. It is from 4-7 and they needed volunteers for the *gasp* nursery....and I *gasp* volunteered! The nursery is actually for the kids of the volunteers. So, JT and LJ were with me. Thankfully, Darrell came by to pick up LJ on his way home and it is a good thing because she would not have lasted. At 6:15 we all had dinner. JT and LJ had a lot of fun. And I have come to the conclusion that is not the kids that irritate me, it is the other ADULTS. All in all it was a really good experience and I met some nice people.

They really don't do anything half-assed there. JT went to bible school there this summer and the theme was Rainforest Adventure and the place was decked out and the hall looked like the rainforest with inflatable monkeys and all. I didn't realize that LOGOS had a theme, and I don't know if it is the same theme for the year or if it changes from week to week. But tonight's theme was the LOGOS Laboratory and the kids and adults were all mad scientists. They had all these great props...and it was sort of a "Back to the Future" theme too. They had dry ice, strobe lights, and bubble machines. The pastor (a female) even had little pigtails all over her head wrapped in aluminum foil. They really pay close attention to details. Very interesting to me and for the kids as well.

Well, I didn't intend to ramble so much in this post, but I have had a busy and fun day and now I am ready for bed.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Julie -- Kelly will have to confirm this, but it sounds like you and I have A LOT in common. I made a similary post recently about going to "gasp" church. It was a Universalist Unitarian and it was only one week. Good for you for going three times.

Jen

Julie said...

I hope we can keep it up Jen. Alot of the time it is just a matter of being lazy. I'm a Christian, I love God, and I grew up in a Southern Baptist church. My parents weren't extreme though, thankfully. This church is very welcoming, so that helps alot. Going to a new church is rough. But don't worry...I'll still be cussin' and drinkin'...it's what I do.