Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Here We Go Again

We just returned home from a trip to SC to visit with my parents and Mary (hi MaeMae!) and wouldn't you know my effin' grandmother (Mema...NOT Memawwwww) was put back in the hospital again. Where in the hell is the grim reaper?? He certainly is not with her! She has pneumonia....again. She has only been out of the hospital for 2 weeks from a stay that kept her there over a month. While there the first time she contracted the MRSA staph, had double pneumonia, and yeast infection and HERPES...all in her lungs....but no, she is still bitching...I mean kicking. This is my maternal grandmother and my mom is an only child. She treats my mom like crap and acts like a spoiled child and has some overblown sense of entitlement. Oh, and she is scared to death of dying. Thankfully, I think, that if she does not die, this will be her ticket into a nursing home. I know I seem insensitive. My grandmother has always been good to me. But, now that I am older I can see the whole picture very clearly and I have a hard time tolerating her shit. And coincidentally, something always happens to her when my mom and I are spending time together. She was put in the hospital last time the day after we left for Florida for our cruise and LJ was with my mom.
On another note, my dad is running for county council. I have mixed feelings about this for him. I wish him the best, but I feel like he is adding to what is an already very full plate. Oh well, just more to complain about, and that he can do!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out! I miss you guys already. I hope you enjoyed the dope I gave you tonight (not what you are thinking...ask Julie). It was an interesting evening with the family...dinner, Mary Kay, dope and all!

Julie said...

That was some really good dope!!!