Thursday, April 17, 2008

I just want some carbs, please!

On my way to meet Kim at the Y this morning (ahem), I stopped by Dunkin' Donuts. I wanted my somewhat usual order of a plain bagel toasted with strawberry cream cheese. I ordered and when I got to the window I was informed that they were out of strawberry cream cheese and asked if I would like something else. Well, they didn't have any other flavors that interested me so I just cancelled my order and left. I was bummed and hungry so I thought I would at least go to McD's and get my diet coke....not with that line! I swear, it's a conspiracy.

I went to the Y and did and interval training class which I really enjoyed. I plan on going again...I need to make it a habit. Well, of course after all that work I was really hungry. After I left the Y I finally got my diet coke and then went back to DD to order my second standby...an english muffin toasted with butter and strawberry jam. "I'm sorry we are out of english muffins and strawberry jam." WTF?? "Would you like a croissant with grape jam?" Well, not really, but since I want bread and sugar and butter, I guess it will have to do. When I got to the window I commented on how they were out of everything. They told it had been that way all week. They were "waiting on a truck". The croissant was ok, but just not what I wanted. At least I got my diet coke...and a workout!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I know, I'm a loser!!! Chris and I talked about it this morning, and we decided Henry's going to have to get over it. I'm there tomorrow morning. (And I promise I won't flake again next Tuesday!)