Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mother of the Year

It is only April, but I am already willing and able to accept this award. My performance today makes me a shoe-in for this honor. When BB and I went to our happy place, I had to use the potty. After doing so, I decided to change BB as well. I then realized that although I had the 'diaper' bag, I had NO diapers. They were in the car. I really didn't want to load up and drag us all back out to the car, so I did what any mother of the year would do. I took her diaper off, scooped the poop out, flushed the poop, wiped her bottom and put the same diaper back on. Please hold your applause. Although this gets me top honors, it is after all, only April. There is SO much more where this came from!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope to be as good of a mother, one day, as you are. I would have probably gone without a diaper all together. Which would be much worse if baby needed to go potty again before making it back to where the diapers were. You made the right decision. Would you like me to polish your award when I come visit! Congratulation!

Kim said...

Oh. My. God.

David said tonight about a block from Gigi and Grampy's house, "Um, should I sit still?" Henry said, "MAMA. I THINK YOU BORGOT SOMEFING." Right, that would be to strap David in. It's more and more clear to me every day why we're friends.

Julie said...

Oh Kim...I love you! We were destined to be friends! At least it took you having 3 kids before that happened. It's kind of like when I go to the bathroom and have pants with 2 buttons and a zipper...I think 9 times out of 10, I forget the zipper.

Mary, you can try to be as good a mother as me, but it will be hard. I will have to stop giving away my secrets! You'd better bring a lot of elbow grease when you come...I am really starting to fill my trophy case!