Friday, October 17, 2008

I Can't Make This Shit Up

Literally. We were at church Wed. night and we had just finished eating. I was talking to a lady I don't even know, telling her that her daughter is so sweet and did a wonderful job singing with her boyfriend a couple of weeks ago. J.T. was standing right behind me and kept hiding under the hood of my jacket. The lady says "Oh, I think somebody has a poopy." And then I had to reply, "No, I think J.T. is just passing gas because he NEEDS to go poopy." So, he and I take off to the kiddie potty. Well, I take off and he gets mad at me for pulling him and wants to walk very slowly, in order to, ahem, keep matters contained, if you will. So, we get to the little crapper and he definitely has a peek-a-boo turd. He does his business while I go get the ever important wet wipes. O.M.G. He seriously dropped a LOG. Before we wiped, I tried to flush the little potty, to no avail. His freakin' turd was TOO BIG for the little potty. S.E.R.I.O.U.S.L.Y. Okay people, I am not a member of this church. I attend fairly regularly but I don't "know" things. I was not sure what I was supposed to do. I had stepped out into the hall to look for help when the lady that always works the nursery on Sundays walked by. I told her that his poop was literally too big to flush and that I was going to need a BAG TO GET IT OUT! Lord help me! So, she got 2 bags for me and I went to work. That thing was at least 2 inches in diameter. I swear only these things can happen to me. It really wasn't a big deal (never thought I would say that about a situation such as this). J.T. and I had a talk about waiting too long to go potty. I know it is still a little intimidating for him in public, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

Oh, the joys of motherhood.

5 comments:

Jen said...

That was too funny!!! I really needed a laugh and you, well, JT, delivered! Thanks for that.

Jen

Julie said...

My pleasure Jen! I am sure there will be more where that came from!

Mrs Furious said...

Oh now that sounds like a day in my life! Hilarious. Kid has clogged quite a few toilets in her day.

Thanks for you comment today. I'm thrilled to find another swearing mommy out there ;)

Mrs Furious said...

Oh God I just went in the kitchen to tell Mr F about this poop story and I had to say "speaking of which... did you just fart?!" He replied "yeah... several times". Good times.

Julie said...

Mrs. F,
I pretty much love to curse...I seem to love to write it even more! I love that you shared the poop story with Mr. F and had your own smelly experience. I am quite sure that there is not a day that goes by in this house that I don't ask my husband if he farted (my son too!).