Friday, October 24, 2008

I Never Said I Wasn't Judgmental

There were some interesting "people" at the ambulatory surgery center yesterday. It was a really busy place with a really full waiting room. The room wasn't cramped, but it wasn't exactly spread out either. One man was hacking up a lung. His name was called and I thought he was the patient, the way he was walking. Turns out he and his son were there for his wife. When he stood up he had to get his balance and the way he was standing there, he looked like he was about to puke. He and his son got his wife to the nurse and proceeded to tell her that they were going outside to smoke. Great. He was also a mouth breather...I really don't think he closed his mouth the entire time. When he started hacking, Darrell and I at the same time said "For the love of god" outloud. Then, a "lady" and her daughter came in. The mom was there for surgery, on her finger. She was wearing "Family Guy" Stewie pajama bottoms, a Mayberry t-shirt and vans type shoes with funky laces. She was also carrying a huge Elmo, that was at least 3 feet tall. As she and her daughter were sitting across from us, they were sharing and i-pod, they each had a bud in one ear. Then, the mom started playing with her tongue stud. The daughter had to get on that I suppose and started showing hers as well. Delightful, mother/daughter tongue studs. Dad must have been parking the car because his entrance was a bit delayed. He looked like he needed to be holding a sign at the Bell Rd. Exit. It was just a weird dynamic all the way around. People watching brings me so much pleasure, and disgust all at the same time.

Now, I know not everyone has the same opportunities, or even the same cares and concerns. These are just my observations

No comments: