Sunday, October 26, 2008

To My Fellow Nominees

It is such an honor to be nominated for this award among such good company. I know many of us were anticipating winning the Mother of the Year 2008 award, and as much as I would like to be humble and say that I can't believe that I actually won, well, I really knew it was in the bag all along.

I really need to thank my children for making this honor possible. Without them, obviously I wouldn't be a mother, and I wouldn't have been able to be recognized for my outstanding mommy moments. Let's revisit my list of outstanding accomplishments:



  • Leaving the house with LJ and not bringing more diapers. She pooped and I dumped the poop in the toilet, wiped her butt and put the same diaper back on.
  • Driving out of my neighborhood and forgetting to buckle JT into his carseat.
  • JT swallowed a quarter that landed us in the hospital 3 weeks later. Two weeks after that we were back at the hospital to have it removed because it was still in his stomach. Thankfully it had passed before he got in for surgery.
  • Sending JT to school wearing pants that were too short and too tight around the waist and the button kept popping open.
  • Bringing Lily June to the fountains in her walker, where she walked OVER the fountain spraying from the ground and was nearly launched to the moon, walker and all.



And the number thing that made me a shoe in for this award:



  • Going to the grocery store with Darrell and Lily June Saturday. While there, I let LJ walk. She was getting down on the floor and I pulled her up by her hand. I pulled her elbow out of socket, but I am so wise that I knew it was nurse maid's elbow (because the same thing happened to JT when he was her age and we didn't know what had happened and we went to the ER where we were put in the crazy people room so we could be watched) called her dr. and we headed to Green Hills so they could pop it back into place.


I cannot thank you all enough for this prestigious award. I will definitely be trying equally as hard next year NOT TO WIN!



3 comments:

Mrs Furious said...

LOL!!

Seeing as I just started drinking in order to tune out the kids... I really need that!

Julie said...

I hear ya Mrs. F! I have got to start drinking more (at least that is what my husband tells me!). LOL!

Amy said...

julie, we're pretty stocked up over here.... LOL.